Antenatal Class Bookings
Our resident midwife and practice manager Marissa Pinto runs antenatal (childbirth) classes in conjunction with Obstetrics Plus.
Classes are held over two consecutive Saturdays from 9.30am until 4pm with breaks for morning tea and lunch (there are local cafes nearby). These are available to everyone – with preference given to Obstetrics patients - and are held approximately every 6 weeks.
Classes are held at the Naremburn Community Centre, 7-8 Central Street, Naremburn, 2065 (unless otherwise notified).
Labour and birth – What to expect when arriving at the hospital
- Information on the care provided by the midwives during labour
- Pain relief options
- Possible procedures and what is involved
- The different phases of labour
- How your body gives birth
- Beneficial positioning for labour and birth
- An overview of the care provided by your Obstetrician
Breastfeeding and Postnatal Care
- Support and positioning for breastfeeding
- The first 24 hours with your baby
- Your body after birth - care and what to expect
- Helping your baby settle
- SIDS safe-sleeping guidelines
- Early Childhood Centres and other support centres
- Postnatal check-up
Cost of the course $350 (rebates may be available through your health insurance).
Payment can be made over the phone, or in our rooms.